Our Current Safety & Sanitization Protocols
- We are currently limiting visits to curbside only, although we will make exceptions for euthanasia cases and cases of extreme separation anxiety.
- Fortunately, our hospital is already well-equipped for social distancing protocols. With plenty of exam rooms and ample space, we can safely allow clients into the practice while still practicing extreme social distancing should the need arise.
- We are also equipped for private entry and exit. When an exception is made for entry, the client is immediately taken to a private exam room.
- Staff members exhibiting any signs of respiratory illness (including colds, allergies, etc.) are not permitted on the premises, and we are practicing extreme social distancing inside the hospital whenever possible.
- We have enhanced our sanitization protocols significantly: High-touch surfaces such as doorknobs, keyboards, card readers, and more are sanitized hourly. Exam rooms, pens, clipboards and more are sanitized thoroughly after each visit.
- Hand sanitizer, hand soap, tissues and cleansing wipes are made readily available at various stations throughout the practice.
Current Procedures & Available Services
At East Padden Animal Hospital, we prioritize the health of not only our patients, but also of our valued clients and our dedicated and talented team.
In compliance with Washington State’s recent mandates, we will be transitioning to mostly curbside care until further notice (exceptions can be made, please ask our staff for details). Please call us at 360-892-1500 to schedule your pet’s appointment.
Elective procedures in veterinary medicine have resumed in the state of Washington. We are now accepting all surgeries and some wellness care (i.e. patients that are due or past due for wellness exams). If you are unsure as to whether your pet’s need qualifies for a visit at this time, please call us at the hospital. Some examples of currently available services include:
- Physical exams
- Dental cleanings & extractions
- Emergency care
- Life-sustaining care
- Eye, ear and skin issues
- Orthopedic issues
- Behavioral issues
- Acupuncture treatments
- Spay & neuter procedures
- Essential vaccine administration
- And many more!
The need to minimize everyone’s risk of illness remains paramount. Here’s how you can help protect our staff and community:
- If you are sick (fever, cough, shortness of breath), please see if someone else can bring in your pet.
- Please disinfect pet carriers before placing pet in the carrier.
- Call us at 360-892-1500 when you arrive, and please remain in your vehicle.
- Depending on your pet’s condition and length of appointment, you may choose to wait in or next to your vehicle, or return home to wait. We will call you when your pet is ready, and the doctor will call you to discuss your pet’s treatment plan after the examination. Payment will also be collected over the phone at this time.
- Please call 360-892-1500 to request medication refills or prescription diets. We will call you when your order is ready for pick-up and can deliver the medications and diets directly to you in your vehicle.